Practice Areas (Dallas Insurance Law Lawyer)
For over three (3) decades, Dallas insurance law lawyer, Mark A. Ticer, has been helping and representing people and their businesses to take on insurance companies. Mark also handles a wide range of business litigation and serves as an expert witness in areas related to insurance coverage, legal malpractice and attorney misconduct, breach of fiduciary duty, ethics, and the conduct of lawyers. Specific practice areas include:
- Insurance coverage, including insurance bad faith, insurance cancellations, liability, life insurance, misrepresentation and delay of claim payments
- Insurance claims, including homeowners, roofs, appraisal, commercial claims, refusal to defend the policyholder in a liability lawsuit, health insurance, and life insurance
- ERISA matters, including disputes about health insurance, disability insurance and other employer provided benefits
- Business litigation, including fraud, contracts, partnership disputes, business divorces, and breaches of fiduciary duty
- Legal malpractice and attorney misconduct – holding lawyers accountable
- Consumer matters – construction defects on homes and buildings and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act
- Expert Witness – including insurance coverage and claims, legal malpractice, the conduct of lawyers, breach of fiduciary duties, business matters, and ethics
- Service to the profession, including pro-bono work, ethic counseling, and involvement with the State Bar of Texas
Our firm handles matters from the initial claims process through any administrative proceedings, litigation and appeals. Our firm builds on our knowledge and experience to develop strategies resulting in compensation and/or a recovery for our clients – seeking maximum benefits and compensation. We also firmly believe that legal services should be provided to all, regardless of financial ability or means.
Focus On Insurance Law Coverage And Claims Attorney In Dallas, Texas
People who purchase insurance policies and the companies who offer insurance products have very different interests and philosophies. Small businesses and individuals buy insurance to protect themselves against the costs of liability, health problems, disability, accidents, and damages to property and person. Insurance companies exist to make money, frequently at the expense of their policyholders, and one obvious way is to limit the amount they pay out for claims. An insurer’s philosophy is to limit payment of claims which logically deprives the insured of the value of the loss of their claim or catastrophe and/or protection against damages. This inherent conflict leads to disputes between you – the policyholder – and the insurance company that occur with far too much frequency. No matter what an insurer says, the relationship between insured and insurer is adversarial. There are no “good hands,” “good neighbor,” an insurer “on your side,” an insurer who genuinely honors our outstanding and cherished military, or all the other insurer promises advertised on television, the internet, or radio. These promises and representations by insurers are simply not true.
Experienced, Aggressive and Ethical
Our law firm can help. Since our founding in 1990, we have been staunch advocates for our clients whom we are honored to represent. We provide zealous representation, common sense, patience, hard work, creativity, reasonableness, and genuine compassion for our clients.
Contact our Dallas law firm to discuss your case free of charge. We handle all types of insurance claims, ERISA, business related matters, contracts, and commercial litigation throughout the State of Texas.